Residential Prepay Program
A member who pays a $15.00 membership fee and the connection fee for membership, may choose to participate in the Residential Prepay Program. The membership of a prepay participant is identical to a regular membership of the Cooperative and carries with it the same rights, responsibilities, and liabilities as the membership for any member not in the Prepay Program.
- A $50.00 prepay reserve fee is required by all participants.
- The prepay reserve fee will be held by Pennyrile Electric and used toward the final account balance. Any remaining dollars will be credited to the member.
- A reconnect fee of $35.00 is required if the account is disconnected for insufficient funds.
- Prepay participant’s account will be set up for notification when their balance is equal to $30.00 or below.
- Prepay participants may make payments in any amount equal to $20.00 or above.
- $15 Membership
- $35 Service Charge
- $50 Reserve Fee
- $20 Minimum Payment Required
(Other charges may apply by mobile provider if text not unlimited)
- Account Profile Change
- Returned Check Alert
- Payment Confirmation
- Service Connected
- Service Disconnected
- Service Reconnected
- Low Balance Threshold Reached
- Balance and Usage Alert
Member should contact local office if email or text messages are not received.
How to Make Payments
- Pennyrile Offices
- After Hours drop box
- Credit Card
- By Phone
- Member will not receive an electric bill.
- Prepaid account can be converted to standard account at any time by paying the required deposit.